Thursday, March 29, 2012
This came across my email box. Even if you are not interested, please forward this on.
Our prominent Orange County client is aggressively seeking a QA Analyst/Tester with Automation Experience for 6 + month Contract in Oklahoma City, OK! Our client is a leading independent broker and agency writer of automobile insurance in California and has been one of the fastest growing automobile insurers in the nation. It is ranked as the third largest private passenger automobile insurer in California, with total assets over $3 billion. Please note that, our client cannot sponsor H-1 visas and will ONLY consider candidates with excellent communication.
Below is the description for the position. Please review it and if you are interested, please contact Susan Ashman (email@example.com) at or or Michelle Oelhafen (firstname.lastname@example.org) at ; We will be happy to tell you who our client is and begin the interview process for you. Thank you for your consideration!
Our client is looking for QTP/Automation QA candidates with experience in the following:
· QuickTest Pro
· Agent facing or customer facing web application testing in Quoting, New Business, UW
· HP ServiceTest or soapUI Web Services Tester
The primary responsibility of the Test Engineer is to work with the development and quality assurance teams to automate testing, create new test harnesses, implement new automation tools and create innovative automated test systems. Assists in testing modifications to existing software to fit specialized needs and configurations, and maintains program libraries and technical documentation of software defects. Also, under general supervision, the Test Engineer develops tests, debugs and is part of the IT team that implements operating systems components, software tools, and utilities required for the operation, maintenance, and control of internally developed and commercial off the Shelf (COTS) software.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Design, develop, modify, and execute automated scripts for GUI, regression, load and performance testing using HP tools (QTP, Service Test and LoadRunner)
· Document, troubleshoot and isolate problems encountered during testing
· Interprets test automation results
· Prepare management reports documenting test execution results
· Participate in defining automation test strategy, structure and methodology
· In conjunction with Business and Quality Assurance Analysts, responsible for analyzing use cases and test scenarios in order to make the appropriate determination whether the functionality is an ideal candidate for automation
· Assist with the research and development of test automation best practices
· Developing performance test scripts in LoadRunner using VBA, HTTP, Web (Click and Script) and Citrix protocols
· Setup monitoring and execute performance testing on a wide range of client/server and web based applications
· Analyze performance test results and identify performance bottlenecks
· Make recommendations for performance improvement
· Track the performance related defects/issues and enhancements
· Assume other responsibilities as directed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training and professional work experience
· A minimum of 5 years cumulative experience in software development and/or testing
· Extensive background in QA methodologies and experience developing and executing comprehensive test suites
· Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate professionally at all levels within and outside of the organization
· Able to work independently and be a team player
· Ability to provide guidance and mentor team members
· Handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines while effectively managing priorities and communicating progress
· Strong working knowledge of MS applications (Excel, Word, Access)
· 5+ years of experience with SQL and working knowledge of relational database technologies
· Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
· Possesses strong technical and programming/test automation skills as demonstrated by 3+ years developing and maintaining complex test automation and automation infrastructure using industry standard products or languages such as C++, Visual Basic or other scripting languages
· Experience in developing data driven Tests Scripts that leverage Database checkpoints, User defined functions, Database connections and batch execution
· 3+ years working on performance testing initiatives that involve test design, script development and execution, s monitoring and results reporting
· Understanding of infrastructure design and server technologies
· Experience developing performance test scripts using VBA, HTTP, Web (Click and Script) and/or Citrix protocols
Education and/or Experience
Worker characteristics are normally acquired through the successful completion of 4–year college degree in a computer related field and 5+ years of experience as a Development Engineer, Test Engineer or Quality Assurance Analyst. Candidate possesses sound technical and programming/test automation skill as demonstrated by 5+ years developing and maintaining complex test automation and automation infrastructure using industry standard products or languages such as C++, Visual Basic or other scripting languages. Experience in developing data driven Tests, Database checkpoints, User defined functions, Database connections from QTP, scheduling Scripts for execution.”
Marketing Assistant | Zebra-net, Inc.
9995 Muirlands Blvd. | Irvine | CA | 92618
| – FAX
Women’s Business Enterprise Council (WBEC) Certified
We Promote Growth for People and Companies!