Here is a sample story.
This highly-structured (plain English) format can be parsed and used to direct your automation code. Originally, this was meant as a way to describe new functionality.
But consider this. Suppose you wrote stories like this for the expected behavior as a part of each defect report. Additionally, suppose you had a system that would:
- go through each fixed defect for a new build
- extract any attached story
- run that story through your test automation system
- if passed, close the ticket
- if failed, attach a screenshot/log file/etc. of the failure