Time and Location
The Red Earth QA's meeting will be held on the 3rd floor of 100 N. Broadway from 11:30am-1pm on Thursday, April, 17th. Look for the signs to direct you to the correct room.
Testing Nightmares and Turnarounds
Randy Rice, CSTE, CSQA, CTFL
Rice Consulting Services, Inc.
It’s good to learn from your own mistakes, but even better to learn from the mistakes of others. Randy Rice presents case studies of testing projects that have gone horribly wrong and the one characteristic they all have in common. Although many of these projects ultimately ended in failure, Randy will present examples where corrective actions were very successful.
You will learn lessons that address test team organization, test environment design, working with software developers, test outsourcing, test tool integration, team building and the importance of strong management leadership in the success of your testing. You will also learn what is needed to turn around testing projects that are headed toward failure and how to become an agent for change. Test team leaders and managers will learn mistakes to avoid and where to focus your efforts in leading test teams to get the best results.
- Learn how to avoid mistakes in testing projects that can place the entire project at risk
- Learn how to take corrective actions that have a positive effect on the success of your test team
- Learn the most critical areas in which to focus your testing efforts to avoid a testing nightmare
Can't Attend in Person?
dial-in number: 877
- You can park in Main Street Parking on Main or you can find street
- From I-40, take the Robinson Exit. Go North on Robinson to Main. Right on
Main. You can either go to Main Street Parking or continue to Santa Fe Parking.
You will see 100 N Broadway on your left across Broadway. The building says
'Chase' at the top.