Tuesday, April 06, 2010
International Symposium on Functional Programming (in Norman)
The Symposium on Trends in Functional Programming will begin its second decade at the University of Oklahoma, May 17-19, 2010, on the campus in Norman.
Additional details can be found at http://www.cs.ou.edu/tfp2010/
For local residents, contact Rex Page firstname.lastname@example.org for a special $50 reduced rate fee that includes the lectures, breaks, presentations, and the local proceedings, but does not include lunches or the excursion and banquet. Locals can also attend the excursion and banquet for and additional $75. The general entrance fee is $300 otherwise, so this is a great deal!
Last year's topics included:
• What is F# and Why Should I Learn It?
• Hands-on exercises in functional programming using C++ (with discussions about LINQ for C#)
• Implementing unit of measurement types in Visual Studio 2008
• Software Testing with QuickCheck
• Analysis of F# programs
• Formal validation methods